At MAFCU, we believe that good financial habits begin young, so we offer a range of Youth Accounts for all ages. This range is designed to meet the changing financial needs, and evolving maturity, of a child as they become a young adult.
Open the Youth Account that's right for your child or grandchild.
|Cash Critters Club for Kids||$5.00||$5.00||1.000% 1||0.025%|
|Student Plus||$5.00||$5.00||1.000% 2||0.025%|
1. 1% interest applies to dollars $0 to $500. Regular interest rate applies to amounts over $500.
2. 1% interest applies to dollars $0 to $500. Regular interest rate applies to amounts over $500.
- Cash Critter Club
MAFCU's Cash Critter Club is a great way for children up to age 13 to get started and makes learning about saving and money fun. Not only is learning about banking and budgeting important, with the Cash Critter Club, it's also cool! It offers:
- 1% Interest on first $500 in account*
- Special gifts on deposits over $50.
- Convenient 24-hour account access for parents through free online banking
* 1% interest applies to dollars $0-$500, regular interest rate applies to dollars $501+.
** To open a cash critter account you will need to provide the child's original social security card or birth certificate to verify identity. A social security number is required to open the account.
- Student Plus Program
The Student Plus Program is designed to help actively enrolled students age 14-20, save money, establish credit history, and learn about financial services. Students can open this account with an opening deposit of just $30.
- 1% Interest on first $500 in Student Plus Savings Account.1
- 1% Interest on first $500 in Student Plus Checking Account.1
- No minimum balance requirement or monthly maintenance fees.2
- Free MAFCU Visa® Check Card.
- Free Online Banking with Bill Pay.
- 0.250% Auto Loan Discount with Automatic Loan Payments.3
- Visa® Credit Card with up to a $500 limit.3
- Access to Over 75,000 Free ATMs Nationwide.
- Free Mobile Check Deposit within the MAFCU Mobile App.
- Free first order of 50 basic checks.****
- Optional overdraft protection of up to $750 with Privilege Pay so you can avoid the embarrassment of bouncing a check or having your debit card purchase declined. You must opt-in for this service. *
- $5 "Congrats Deposit" for each scholastic or athletic award earned in the current quarter.
1. 1% interest applies to dollars $0 - $500, 0.025% interest applies to amounts over $500.
2. Minors must have a parent/guardian as a joint owner. Students must show proof of enrollment.
3. Loans to Student Plus members require signature of a parent or legal guardian as co-applicant. Student Plus member must be employed and have at least a 3.0 GPA to qualify for discount. Student Plus member and parent must bring proof of income.
* Must be over the age of 18 to be eligible.
To open a student plus account a social security number is required. We will ask to see your driver license, government issued ID or other identifying documents.