Get to Know MAFCU
Important Information on New Debit Cards
Important Information About Your New Debit Card with Chip Technology.
March 1st - New Debit Cards will be mailed out and arriving in your mailbox.
The following information will guide you through the Debit Card conversion:
1.) Your NEW Debit Card will NOT be available for you to use until March 13th.
2.) ACTIVATE your NEW Debit Card by calling 1-800-992-3808.
3.) SET UP a New PIN Number on your Debit Card by calling 1-800-992-3808.
4.) Your NEW Debit Card does NOT have the same card number as your OLD Debit Card. If you have preauthorizations/automatic payments set up through your OLD Debit Card, you will need to contact those companies and provide them with your NEW Debit Card number.
5.) Your OLD Debit Card will EXPIRE on March 13th.
Your card now includes a chip. Your new debit card includes the latest chip technology as an added layer or security, providing increased protection against fraud.
Your chip card will make traveling easier and more convenient with its wide acceptance. Use your Personal Identification Number (PIN) to get cash and make purchases wherever you see the STAR Symbol. You can also sign for purchases wherever MasterCard/Visa debit cards are accepted.
How It Works
- You can use your new chip card at chip-enabled terminals around the world, plus online, over the phone and at ATMs.
- If a merchant or ATM is not yet chip-enabled, you can continue to swipe your card, as it still contains a magnetic stripe.
- If you're asked to insert the card, look for a slot on the bottom-front of the terminal and insert your card face up with the chip first.
- Leave your card in the terminal until the transaction is complete.
- The terminal will prompt you to sign or enter a PIN to validate your identity.
- Remove your card from the terminal when prompted; don't leave it behind!
NOTE: There may be a freeze on redeeming your rewards points during the card conversion.