Get to Know MAFCU
Important Information on New Debit Cards
IMPORTANT DEBIT CARD INFORMATION
Beginning March 13, 2017, Mid-Atlantic Federal Credit Union will be issuing all of its debit card holders new Rewards Debit Cards with EMV technology.
Your new debit card includes the latest EMV technology as an added layer of security, providing increased protection against fraud.
Your EMV card will make traveling easier and more convenient with its worldwide acceptance. Your card continues to have the traditional magnetic stripe on the back, enabling you to use it at merchants without chip-enabled terminals.
HOW IT WORKS
You can use your new EMV card at chip-enabled terminals around the world, plus online, over the phone and at ATMs.
If a merchant or ATM is not yet chip-enabled, you can continue to swipe your card, as it still contains a magnetic stripe.
If you're asked to insert the card, look for slot on the bottom-front of the terminal and insert your card face up with the chip first.
Leave your card in the terminal until the transaction is complete.
The terminal will prompt you to sign or enter a PIN to validate your identity.
Remove your card from the terminal when prompted; don't leave it behind!
Will my old Debit Card still work?
- Your old Debit Card will be deactivated on March 24, 2017
Do I need to activate the new Debit Card?
- Yes, you will need to activate the card by calling 800.992.3808
Will my new card have the same card number as my old card?
- Your new card may have a new card number
Will I receive a new PIN in the mail?
- No, when you call to activate your new debit card you will be prompted to select your PIN number
Will my recurring/preauthorized payments work with the new card?
- If your card number changed, you will need to provide them with your NEW debit card number for any payments that are scheduled to automatically come out after March 24, 2017.
Will my Rewards Points transfer to the new card?
- Yes, there will be a brief "blackout" period of up to 120 days during the system conversion when the new points will be transferred into your existing ScoreCard Rewards program.