Get to Know MAFCU
2016 Spring Paper Shredding Event
May 9, 2016
Spring is here, which means its time to declutter and shed all those unwanted items. Luckily, you're just in time for MAFCU's Spring Paper Shredding Event!
Bring your sensitive, unwanted paper documents to our Germantown Branch on Saturday, May 14th between 10A-1P to safely and securely shred your material. Shredding will be conducted by Office Paper Systems (http://www.opsus.com), a NAID certified organization*.
To help the event run smoothly, here are some basic guidelines to help you prepare for the disposal of your paper materials:
• Incoming traffic will be monitored to ensure a smooth, efficient flow. Please refer to the event map below in order to anticipate the flow of traffic the day of the event.
• All types of paper such as financial and legal documents, receipts, tax and medical records will be accepted
• No plastic or electronic items such as credit cards, CDs, or computer disks
• Envelopes with plastic windows are acceptable
• Paper clips and staples are acceptable, however, please remove any binder clips, hanging files, file fasteners, metal spirals and 3-ring binders prior to dropping off.
• There will be staff onsite to collect the unwanted boxes used to transport your paper documents
MAFCU Paper Shredding Event Map
*The NAID certification program establishes standards for a secure destruction process including operational security, employee hiring and screening, the destruction process and responsible disposal