Manage Your Money
Student Plus Checking
Student Plus Checking is designed to help actively enrolled students age 14 -20, save money, establish credit history, and learn about financial services. Students can open this account with an opening deposit of just $25.
- 1% Interest on first $500 in Student Plus Savings Account.¹
- 1% Interest on first $500 in Student Plus Checking Account.¹
- No minimum balance requirement or monthly maintenance fees.²
- Free MAFCU Visa® Debit Card.
- Free Online Banking with Bill Pay.
- 0.250% Auto Loan Discount with Automatic Loan Payments.³
- Access to Over 75,000 Free ATMs Nationwide.
- Free Mobile Check Deposit within the MAFCU Mobile App.
- Free first order of 50 basic checks.****
- Optional overdraft protection of up to $750 with Privilege Pay so you can avoid the embarrassment of bouncing a check or having your debit card purchase declined. You must opt-in for this service. *
- $5 "Congrats Deposit" for each scholastic or athletic award earned in the current quarter.
¹ - 2% interest applies to dollars $0 - $500, 0.025% interest applies to amounts over $500.
² - Minors must have a parent/guardian as a joint owner. Students must show proof of enrollment.
³ - Loans to Student Plus members require signature of a parent or legal guardian as co-applicant. Student Plus member must be employed and have at least a 3.0 GPA to qualify for discount. Student Plus member and parent must bring proof of income.
* - Must be over the age of 18 to be eligible.
|Deposit to Open||Rate||APY|
11% interest applies to dollars $0 to $500. Regular interest rate applies to amounts over $500.